Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some "Stuff"

As I am attempting to "clean up" my computer a bit, I ran across this in a document labeled "blog stuff." When I opened it and read what I had written (typed...) I realized I had done this when I was super busy (you know, like usual...) but had stolen a few minutes to record this so I didn't forget it. (It seems to be a side-effect of one of my medications, that if I don't do/write down something immediately when I think of it, it's gone forever. At least I hope it's a side-effect of a medication. . .) I then promptly forgot about it. Luckily I was smart enough to date it, so it's not pointless drivel from "sometime." It's pointless drivel with dates : )

So, without further ado, I will now post it, a bit late (cheat so I don't have to think today, LOL)

April 4, 2008

So I go downstairs to get some water (and what’s up with that..? Water, not coffee..? At 9 A.M. ish?) and my boy is sitting on the toilet (yes, we have attempted to foster a lack of inhibitions in our child, which includes allowing him to go to the bathroom at home with the door open, It's a natural bodily function, and shouldn't be a cause for shame or embarrassment...) Gameboy in his lap looking at his fingers…

Him: “Mommy..?”
Me:
“Yes?”
Him:
“Do you know what 3 plus 2 is..?”
Me: “What is it?”
Him:
“It’s 5! ! ! !”

It is five…like him…should he be adding already? I ask myself, as I have on numerous other occasions. He doesn’t go to school…not even pre-school, just to his 2nd Mom’s every weekday (that’s another entry…)

“That’s right, it’s 5…you’re so smart !” and I go and give him a kiss. As I’m walking away, he does one of those THINGS

Him: “Mommy….you smell so good1”
Me: “I do..? Thank you” and I float away to finish getting ready for work…is he really only five,,? Will he retain that ability to make a woman (yes, I am Mom, but still a woman who appreciates compliment, no matter the source) feel special & appreciated?

April 3, 2008

The boy is psychic…not a joke…he has proven this numerous times, both in small ways and large…

Example (small) My morning routine is pretty staid…I get up, stumble to the bathroom, pee, put in teeth, fall downstairs to get coffee, crawl back up to my computer and proceed to try to become human again. After about an hour, I begin to stir, take a shower and get ready for work, if it’s a workday, or go get more coffee if it isn’t. I am NEVER even SLIGHTLY functional when I wake up. However, last night I decided, as I was laying in bed, that I would get up and jump straight in the shower, dragging my boy with me as the wee one was in need of cleaning, I figured if we got in and out very first thing, it would make the morning go smoother. I made this decision in my brain, in the dark, just before I drifted to la la land.

This morning the boy comes in for wake up snuggles. After a minute or two of snuggling, I notice it’s pretty light outside & check the clock…8:27 OH S*&T! So I sit up real quick like, and jr scrambles off the bed, looks at me and says “Mommy, are you ready to shower now..?” I have NEVER, EVER, during this child's lifetime, gotten straight out of bed and into the shower.

Creepy, no?

No comments: