Monday, December 29, 2008

My Christmas Post *grin* (only 4 days later…)

Well, Christmas has been and gone. I think it was a success here in Camby, IN. The boy cleaned up on gifts, even though he wasn’t the epitome of good. Matter-of-fact, he wasn’t even really close…but such is life with a six year old :)
I love Christmas! It’s my favorite time of year. I mean c’mon, my blog has a Christmas theme all year long – when it co-operates…But it’s over too soon. Not two days after, people are taking down decorations like they can’t wait to get on to the next big thing…*sigh* such a let down. You get this three month build-up, inundated with Christmassy stuffs,  then BOOM day after,  there’s Valentine’s Day stuff in the stores. . .Hell, I saw it in some stores even before Christmas. . .

Anyways, here’s some pics of our Christmas. . . mantlemilk Here’s the boy checking on the milk & cookies left for Santa

Santasmilk 
The mostly empty milk glass

santasboot2

santasboot 
The “present” Santa left on my carpet…nothing like cleaning up a dirty, ashy boot print first thing in the morning *grin*

the haul
The haul…
The Haul1  
Dragon Book
The only non-toy in the bunch
Robot beast
You can’t tell from the pic (my timing isn’t the best…) but he really did like this
Pokemon1
Pokemon – Always a winner!
Pokemon
Apparently the hit of the day…
digger2
And let’s not forget the “Demon Digger” aka remote controlled Grave Digger monster truck…”Why do you call it “Demon Digger”? you ask. “I’m getting there!” I say. This was ostensibly the boy’s present, but (of course) Dad had to “try it out” first…and the poor cats were his unwilling victims>>

Jinglesbel
If you look really close, you’ll see Hunny at the controls – the Demon Digger is coming out from under the coffee table at this point.

bel2
Here’s Bel hiding from said Demon Digger
diggerbel1
Follow the arrow, Bel is hiding on the bottom of the table
Jinglesdigger2
Jingles is actually jumping backwards in this pic
Jinglesdigger1
Can you see him? Hiding under the table, as the Demon Digger approaches in a full out frontal assault..?

The only black spot on an otherwise wonderful holiday was the IM I found waiting for me on my computer when I got back from the in-laws and finished getting everything ready (for the folks who ended up unable to make it). That message was from my best friend D. My younger than me, stay at home mom best friend. We had made plans for Shayne & I to go over to her house Tuesday, when I’m off. My boy LOVES her house :). The message said

We’re going to have to cancel Tuesday’s play date. I had a heart attack last night & I’m in the hospital…etc., etc., etc.”

Needless to say, at 6:30 Christmas Day night I was flying to the hospital. Turns out she actually had several heart attacks, and had a stent inserted in her heart. She’s home now, but still….

Okay, I’m pretty much outta time, gotta go get ready for work – nose to the grindstone and all :) All in all, we had a good Christmas. I have more pics – will I get them up on here..? That’s a big, definite MAYBE…I hope all of you (all three regular readers *grin* and any first time visitors as well) had as good a holiday as we did. (Minus the whole best-friend-having-a-heart-attack thing)

See ya laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ! ! !
 

2 comments:

Anji said...

We've still got our decorations up, probably for another week.

How did santa get all of those presents down the chimney? We're waiting for grandchildren now so that Rob can dress up as Santa again.

I hope your friend is still continuing to recover from her heart attacks - what a shock.

All the very best wishes for a happy and peaceful 2009

Anonymous said...

Hope your friend is doing well!

I never realized until my friends started having kids how much better they make Christmas!