Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Day Has Arrived (I hope)

We're off to the doctors today, to see if we get to be cast free. I hope so. Do you have any idea how hard it is to bathe, or even shower, a five year old in a cast, and not get the cast wet..? Can you say impossible? Yet it is stressed how important it is to keep it dry. *sigh* Not in this house...

OK, I'll be back after the dr.

See ya laterzzzzzzzzzz!

***Edited to add*** We no longer have a cast. Woohooo! We do still have a wrist brace for another 3-4 weeks, but doc said he can sleep without it in about a week, and it can come off for baths, swimming & sprinkler running. I now have one happy little boy. He has already figured out how to slip it off over his hand, rather than undoing it - not sure if that's good or bad...but I guess it is what it is :)

Ok, back to the grindstone...

See ya laterzzz!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know he feels better...
I had a cast when I was a kid, could NOT keep it dry. It stunk to high heaven.