Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Day Off *Snort*

Ok, ok, I know it seems from my posts that I have a lot of "days off," but it's an illusion, I swear. My two week schedule looks something like this:



  • Monday work 12:30 - 9:00

  • Tuesday work 11:00 - 8:00

  • Wednesday work 11:00 - 8:00

  • Thursday work 11:00 - 8:00

  • Friday work 12:00 - 8:30

  • Saturday work 12:30 - 9:00

  • Sunday - Off

  • Monday work 12:30 - 9:00

  • Tuesday Off

  • Wednesday work 11:00 - 8:00

  • Thursday work 11:00 - 8:00

  • Friday work 12:30 - 8:00

  • Saturday Off

  • Sunday Off

  • Rinse, lather, repeat.

So today is my Tuesday "Off" Today I get to relax and enjoy the day, do whatever I want, and just basically recover from the last coupla weeks - Yeah, right, whatever! I can only wish for that kind of day off.

In the real world, since I didn't get the boy registered for school on the last weekday I had off I get to (try) to do it today. But apparently, since I didn't get it done last time, I now have to go to the school he'll be attending, rather than the Plainfield Kindergarten Center to get it done. On a positive note, I did get his shot records & birth certificate on the last day off, so I won't be driving quite as much...


If only that were all I have to do *sigh* I also have to do laundry, and this is quite a trick to accomplish when you aren't at home, where the washer & dryer are! I have to get the patches sewn onto Shayne's Karate Gii (sp?), so that he is presentable when he gets his new belt presented to him tonight (pictures will follow after the event). I have about 7 or 8 pairs of pants of mine that I have to take in so I don't like like I'm wearing a potato sack to work.


Stacey, our babysitter (and the boy's 2nd mom - we'd be lost without her!) is having computer issues. Well, she always has computer issues, because her computer is junk, has AOL loaded on it, is connected to a dial-up connection (didn't even know that was still an option!) and there is no one in the house who is even the least bit "non-computer challenged" In other words, a pop-up pops up, and they think "Cool1" and click on it. Almost every time. So there are Goddess only knows how many viruses, spyware and adware programs on it. And now it doesn't want to work. And of course, I'm the one who can fix it. The only one they know, who won't charge them. But...it's gonna be an all day project, if not several days. What she really needs is to wipe the hard drive completely and re-install windows - well, no, what she needs is a new computer. But I don't see that happening as her husband is a controlling, manipulative, verbally abusive jerk, and he's not going to allow her to get a new computer, and possibly a little freedom. If he didn't work a lot of hours away from the house, I don't think I would allow my boy to spend any time there, as I don't want him learning that kind of behavior.


If I had any spare money, I'd buy her a new computer, but I don't. So I'll try to fix the one she has. But as slow as it is, if I can get it to work, backing up her files to disc to wipe the hard drive could actually take days. I mean, it literally takes 3 minutes for a page to load when you try to go to a site - and that's a page with minimum content and pictures. It drives me NUTS to try to do anything on it...


ok, where was I..? Laundry, sewing, computer...oh yeah - I haven't been grocery shopping yet, either. I will be SOOOOOOOO glad when the new Walmart (right around the corner - walking distance!) opens! I was told it was scheduled to open on June 11th - that's only a few more days! That means I won't hafta drive 10 miles (each way) to get groceries any more! WooooooHoooooo!


And it all has to be done before Karate at 5:45...


Alrighty, looking at this list, I need to get my butt motivated. If I do have any free time (hahahahahahahaha) I will try to pop in, but I imagine my next post will be about the Karate belt presentation. Gotta go!


See ya laterzzzzzzzz!

Picture from home safety

1 comment:

Dawtch said...

With American General, it's check or cash, and I prefer to have my own version of the receipt...
bb
dawtch