Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just Another Day...

Well, here I am, with a little time on my hands, and not much to write about. Oh wait...I did win a Wii at work. That's pretty cool! I was kinda bumming 'cuz I didn't win race tickets (hunny would have enjoyed that) when one of my bosses came to my cubicle holding a Wii. I was on a call, so didn't notice her right away, but then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, and there she was. Apparently I sold the most HBO/Cinemax for week 5 of the contest. I wasn't really trying - I mean c'mon, we have an Xbox, a PS2, a Vsmile, 3 DVD players, 2 VCRs, a computer and four TVs, what do we need another game for? But hey, the only thing better than cheap is free! Hunny has said he'd rather have an Xbox360, so we may try to exchange one for the other.
In other news, I'm gonna take my boy to The Banks of The Wabash (ok, it's called "The Fairbanks Park Arts and Music Festival" now, but it's been the Banks of The Wabash for 25 years in my world, and that's what it'll stay...) this weekend, I think. It's pretty cool for a cheesy little carnival. They offer kiddie rides & have a pretty decent flea market area. I've actually gotten quite a few decent things there over the years. It's been kind of a ritual for the past 15-20 years. Wow...did I just say 15-20 years..? Huh I guess I did, and it's right..! Goddess I'm getting old.
It seems like all that stoopid shit I did as a kid was just yesterday, or the day before - and when I say stoopid, I mean STOOPID. I won't go into great detail here, but it included things like sleeping on the beach of Lake Michigan, and drinking from dawn to dusk and back to dawn again. But when I stop and think, that shit happened almost 30 years ago! Oh my.
It's funny how your perspective affects your "view" What I mean by that is, thinking about things done as a kid seems as recent as yesterday, or at last month, but on the other hand, thinking about all the things I've done and said and been, it seems like I haven't lived enough years to have done all that. Perspective, it's a funny thing.
Go figger...I've sat here the better part of the day, just trolling the blogsphere, pretty much uninterrupted, but let me try to add something here, and BAM! every line lights up and we have 14 people holding...
Ok, gotta go work :(
See ya laterzzzzzzz!

No comments: