Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm Still here & Sorry I Neglected You...

Ok, I've left this too long. I feel guilty. Why..? I'm pretty sure not too many have even noticed I haven't posted. But I should. I said I would. And now I am :)
Work has been CRAZY! For the last 2-3 weeks, our phones have been ringing off the hook! I bet I've taken more calls in the last two weeks that I did in the 2 months preceding. No time to breathe between calls. I admit it makes the day pass more quickly, usually, but when most of the callers are arrogant or have an attitude, it makes me feel like I am back at ACSHell. I'm not. But still. I am losing my respect for the human race. Stupidity seems to reign. How do you come at me with an "I am God, and we'll get along just fine as soon as you acknowledge it" attitude, and then not even be able to do something as simple as add 14.90 to 75.95..?
And what's the deal with social security numbers..? I know it's a bad idea to give your social security number to strangers, but let's look at this...YOU CALLED ME! You want me to give you $1000 worth of equipment, but you don't want to give me, someone YOU called, your social security number so I can verify who you are..? I understand the concept of not giving it, or your credit card number, or bank account info to someone who has called you, unsolicited - that would be a bad idea. But again, let me reiterate - YOU CALLED ME.
This is a utility company that you are asking to provide service to you. You know, like the gas company, the electric company or the water company..? Granted cable is still somewhat of a "luxury" utility, but we also offer phone & Internet. We are an utility company. I'm fairly certain that the person you're talking to (in the case, me) isn't trying to steal your identity when requesting this information from you...THINK once in a while, willya? Do you realize how you appear to be..? Can you say paranoid..? Pathetic..? Pitiful..? In need of medication..?
GRRRRRRRR.....!!!!!!!
Sorry, didn't mean to go there, but there I am *grin*

In other news, I'm fairly certain my car is haunted. No big surprise, or at least it shouldn't be, considering our family has dragons (3), a spirit cat, a civil war soldier's spirit and numerous other entities and beings floating about. Now, what would make a person think (let alone admit) their car is haunted..? Well, I'll present my reasoning, and you can tell me what you think...

I drive a 2002 Chrysler Concorde, Limited. It was top of the line when new, and is still in good shape. Not a hoopdee by any means. Yet my headrest won't stay down. Yes you read that right, it won't stay down. Now, last time I checked, gravity was still an active force on the planet, and things fall down not up. If I raised the headrest, and came out to my car to find it resting on the top of the seat, instead of four inches above it, where I had left it, I would simply put it down to the-car-is-getting-older-and-I-can't-expect-everything-to-last-forever syndrome and gone on about my business. But that isn't the case. No, not my car, that would be too much like right.
In order to raise or lower my headrest, there is a button on the side of the "base" of it that you have to push in. It won't move unless you push the button. I've tried. Hard. No movement at all. Now, I had had the car for a while before I even realized this was happening. But then it started to get warm again, and I could go without a coat. If I am not restrained by a heavy jacket, I like to put one arm up behind my head, resting on the headrest, while I'm driving. It's a good stretch... When I did this for the first time, I realized the headrest was up higher than I usually have it. So when I parked I made it a point to lower it. (This is where I found out it doesn't move without pushing the button.) I put it down and didn't really think much more about it.
A couple of weeks later, I noticed it was back up - not fully "extended" but about 3" above the seatback. I figured my Hunny had done it when he drove the car, put it back down, and promptly forgot about it again. A week later I noticed it was back up. Hunny hadn't driven my car since I put it down. My first thought was the-car-is-getting-older-and-I-can't-expect-everything-to-last-forever syndrome, and started messing with it to see what the problem was. There isn't one. It's not a bit loose. It won't go down without pushing the button...It won't go up without pushing the button...not a bit. Yet, when I push in the button, and lower it to the seatback ('cuz I am a bit short through the body), I consistently come out to my car to find it back up. I put it down, drive home, it's back up the next morning. I put it down and drive to work, it's back up when I get ready to leave.
My next piece of evidence is radio related. I have an FM transmitter that I use to listen to my MP3 player when I am in the car. The radio has to be set to a "static" station - you know, where nothing is being broadcast. needless to say, it tends to be a bit loud when I disconnect the MP3 player and forget to turn it down first. I also use earplug thingys and listen in one ear while at work. When I go on break, and go out to the car to read & smoke, I have to turn the key on, so the radio will show the time (I've killed another watch...that's a totally different story...lol) and I know when I have to go back. I also have to have the radio on because if I turn it off the time goes away. Weird, I know!
So I go out to the car, turn on the key, and turn the static all the way down (cuz I'm listening via earplug thingy). The volume turns back up. Huh..? I turned it back down. It turned itself back up...This happened on several different occasions. Then one day, I went out, turned down the volume, and it switched from radio to CD and turned up. Huh..? Ok, I figgered I'd hit the button somehow. I flipped it back to radio, turned back down, and it immediately flipped back to CD. And turned back up. No way...I musta hit the button again (even tho I KNOW it's on the other side of the radio). Hmmmmm... So I turned it down, carefully so as not to hit any other buttons, and changed it back to radio. I then pulled my hand back quickly and watched it go back to CD. And turn BACK UP. Again. Alrighty then. After 5 minutes of arguing with whatever wanted to listen to CD, I gave up. I tried turning the radio completely off, but that didn't work either. It just came back on. I let it stay on CD, and turned up the MP3 player in my ear. I haven't had any radio issues since I let it play....
So, whatcha think..? IS the car haunted..? I say it is, but I'd like to hear what you think.
Ok, time to go home! WOOOHOOOO!
See ya laterzzzzzzzz!

1 comment:

Anji said...

I bet those people wouldn't be so rude to your face.

I've just been reading about listening to messages and I'd say someone is trying to tell you something. perhaps you aren't adjusting your headrest into a safe position for you. The radio? Your car spirit likes whatever is on the CD and doesn't like the radio. Which CD was it?

For the first time ever this year I tried using weed killer in the garden. I tried two different sprayers and neither worked. On the third the sray was so pathetic it didn't kill the weeds. I know that my garden doesn't really want that kind of stuff so I wont do it again.