Saturday, April 12, 2008

Careless

We, as adults, have pretty much forgotten kidhood...kids don't think like adults, don't react like adults, and don't "logic" like adults, but we expect them to...


My son can go from so mad he's pounding his bed with his fist, to "I love you Mommy, You're the best Mommy in the whole, big, wide world." In a matter of about 5 minutes. He doesn't hold grudges-he doesn't forget, but he doesn't stay angry. That is a great quality in anyone, but especially in a child.




I think as adults we need to remember the excitement we felt when Mommy or Daddy got home from work, how we wanted to tell them all about all the cool stuff we saw/heard/felt/thought, so they could be as thrilled about it as we were. We need to remember that kids really don't have "bad days" not like we do. When something bad happens to a kid, they throw a fit, then shake it off and go on to the next thing. They don't take it out on us...






These are from one of my favorite comic strips, and they rang so true for me that I have them hanging on my wall by my desk, just to remind me, everyday, that whatever it is, it probably isn't his fault, and I just wanted to share them with whoever might come here (and so I can remember...)











No comments: