Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good Morning..?

This morning I woke up at 7:00. Well, actually, I woke up at 2:37, and 3:16, and 4:52 and 5:38..at 7 I quit fighting it. So, I stumbled to the bathroom, and through the "I just woke up" routine, and sat myself down at the computer. It was quiet. And it was good. Hubby was gone to work, and the boy child was still asleep (not sure how that happened, but I take what I can get). I read the news on Comcast, Yahoo, local stuff, my daily funnies (For Better or For Worse & Rose is Rose), and went on to my crossword (better than coffee for waking up your brain...). It was still quiet. And it was still good *grin*. About halfway through the crossword, I heard stirring coming from my boy's room, and I thought "Uh oh, here it comes" because this child wakes up AWAKE.


But no, no pitter patter (stomp, stomp) of little feet...I kept at the puzzle (it actually took me like 12 minutes, horrible time). I could hear rustling of blankets, sniffling (he has some allergies & a bit of a cold going on right now) and an occasional cough. But still, no pitter patter (stomp, stomp) of little feet. How odd...


Now he does have a tv in his room, and he knows how to operate it, along with the VSmile, PS2, dvd player, vcr, and numerous other forms of amusement, but I didn't hear anything indicating channel changes or games being played.


I figured maybe he was feeling REALLY bad, so I went in to check on him. He was just laying in bed watching Tom & Jerry. As I approached the bed, he got the most BEAUTIFUL smile on his face, just, unbelievable (I hope to one day capture this on film, but don't see it happening). He said "Good morning, Mommy" and gave me a sleepy hug (the bestest kind). As I lay down next to him for some cuddles, he wrapped his no longer so little arms around me and snuggled in. I asked if he slept well, and still smiling he said "mmm hmmm, I had good dreams."


Apparently though, I was blocking his view 'cuz he kept lifting his head. I said "Where's your pillow..? Oh there it is." and picked it up off the floor where it had ended up during the night. He asked me where "his" pillow was. I said it was probably downstairs on the couch where he fell asleep.


Him: "No I didn't."
Me: "Yuh uh, you were asleep on the couch when I went to bed.." (I know bad mommy alert, bad mommy alert)


Him: "Who carried me upstairs?"


Me: "You did."
Him: *looking like he was considering this*"No I didn't" followed by a giggle


Me: "Yes you did. I promise, you were asleep on the couch when I went to bed."


Him:"Hmmmm...ok"



We snuggled for a few more minutes, and it was time to start getting ready for work...ewwwwwww.


So there it is, my morning so far. No point, just wanted to share :)

No comments: